Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Additional table bbcode options available - posted on 5th Mar 2018 at 3:12 PM
Replies: 158 (Who?), Viewed: 12325 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 7 of 7
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#151 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:45 PM
Marjorie Walker is a Family Aspiration Sim, she has the 6-children-get-married LTW so I think she's gonna try to have at least 6 children.
Not sure if they will grow up in time for their mother to see them all married though, this kind of LTW are kinda hard with my playstyle.

I usually ignore the 10-kids want.
It's just a "regular" want and it's quite damn hard with the lifespan I use.

There are currently 3 Sims who were born from an abduction.
First one was Ray Mayhew. Lorna Mayhew was abducted in the first rounds of this hood, she moved out of the barracks and give birth to Ray. Then she married Vaklin Gorge, and had a baby girl (Lack Gorge-Mayhew, now Walker).
This Ray Mayhew married to Vivian Zadra-Atkins (now Mayhew) and they are the parents of those cute alien-looking twins.

The other two are Pekkung and Jappung Daeli-Jobs, now teenagers, children of J'Kepp Daeli-Jobs (now Walker).
Their mother later married to Roger Walker, but their two children in common (Jess and James) did not inherit any alien trait.

Funny fact:
Since J'Kepp is an hybrid, there is a chance her twins from abduction are pure breed aliens.
Since Ray and Vivian are both hybrids, there is a chance that their twins are also pure breed aliens.
And I won't peek, I want the game to surprise me in the next generation!
Field Researcher
#152 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:55 PM
Lots of birthdays in this rotation; it's always fun to see how the kids change as they age up.

Oh Derrick, I think you'll be sorry you didn't spend at least some of that time with your kid.

Let's hope the third time is the charm for Chloe. It must get confusing sometimes remembering which name to use.

Surely there will be some drama with the younger generation and their dating habits. They can't all be as lucky as Eleanor Walker.

I've managed the 6-children-get-married LTW, but never the 10-children want. I would like to achieve it sometime, though. In my Offspring Project game, I had a Romance sim who keeps wanting more and more loves. I try to do it for him, but I feel so bad about his wife that sometimes I have to stop trying.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#153 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:38 PM
Yeah, I love seeing how they look after they age up.
I always look for resemblance to their parents and grandparents, sometimes there is a suprising likeness.

Yeah, after marrying three times it must be really confusing remembering which name to use.
Well, to be honest I think it's already confusing after marrying only once XD
(I'm not used to people changing their surname, it's not the custom of my country.)

My Romance Sims are usually very careful when it comes to cheating (I assume that IRL cheaters try to hide their sins as much as they can) but usually someone walks right by the door in the worst momen... and suddenly shouts, slapping and broken hearts.
But some of them are really really lucky indeed.

One of the things I like about apartments is that they can't help their neighbours being around at any time, nor who they are gonna invite over when they are being played, so it increases the being-caught chances.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:07 PM
It's taking me so long to set up my new game, that I'm thinking I may start a thread on the Offspring Project just to feel like I'm contributing. The point of it is just what we're talking about -- seeing what physical attributes the kids inherit from their parents. I'm always fascinated by that, in my game and in everyone else's.

I agree that IRL cheaters probably usually try to hide it. Some of my sims are not so smart and will cheat in public places. What's funny is that the onlookers will often cheer, even though they're friends with the cheaters and know they're cheating.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#155 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 6:40 PM
I had never heard of the Offspring project... but that's been the way I've been playing forever.
Is that a subforum?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#156 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM
Default #08g
Another rotation, and the population keeps steady - no deaths and no births this time.

The only new inhabitant is Corey Royce, who has moved into the Heritage Manor after being invited by Zavra.
He was a college student so he grew up in order to move here. But not much to tell, as I usually don't play the residents of Heritage Manor unless they were playable previously - they are pseudo-townies for me.

So let's begin with the elders.
For example, Cynthia Freeman felt like she would enjoy something wild. And who else but Derrick Lowe would she phone?
OH, my! What if her husband Damion finds out?

Love is in the air, and Cynthia's son Cassius also fell in love with Lucy Palmer.

Let's go back to Derrick Lowe and his lovers.
He decided to spend his free time (when his wife Rivia is at work) to try to seduce a young townie... but no way. Don't feel sorry for him, he'll eventually find another prey.
On the other hand, when he's at work Rivia devotes herself to their little Daniella.

And what about Rivia's family, the Zadra-Atkins?
Vilma keeps living in the same apartment building as Rivia, managed to save up a lot of money but currently she is unemployed and her social life is not flourishing so she focus on staying fit.

Vivian and her husband Ray celebrated the birthday of their twins Celia and Tina with a huge party, both families invited.
I think the little ones are very cute - but also very different, which is great.

Unfortunately Vivian and Ray had later an unwelcome visit - a burglar. But this burglar silly enough to show off in front of the policewoman and got caught.

And finally Arvian asked out Kay McAuley, a townie who had a crush on him (who actually had set some blind dates for him in the past).
But what's actually surprising is that they got engaged!! Whaaaaat? He's not the kind of guy who likes commitment and she does not seem to be the either, but the idea crossed his mind and they moved on.
I'm sure Vradia is very happy - and so am I, to be honest, because I think this can be a really funny couple to play! I hope they get married soon!

Another interesting couple, Laern and Alon Raymond.
He wants to have a baby and is talking Laern into it. Also her mother is encouraging her - grandma will be around to help with the little one!

Do you want to know who is pregnant again? Marjorie Walker! Yep.
Also Karnnh (third of the four children she already has) has grown into a child, so it's a little bit less of work for her.
But her husband Rannh is quite worried about how they can life on their tiny salaries and is trying to do some extra job as a freelance - hopefully they'll manage!

More Walkers, the children of Roger and J'Kepp Walker.
Jess has fallen in love with Tristam Freeman. He is cute indeed. And they kissed!

Also James has grown up. He looks like a serious child, but you never really know :D

Another Walker girl, the naughty one: Eleanor.
Asking out this one guy, having some fun. And then suddenly slapped by her roommate
She's always been careful about not getting involved with anyone in her apartment building, less of all her roommate, but seems he had developed feelings for her anyway. So... what to do now? Kick this roommate or stick with him and try to make peace?

I said I would begin with the elders but I've derailed
Oh, well, Chloe and Serdar Gregory had married in the previous rotation and now decided to travel abroad.
They enjoyed it a lot and came back very relaxed. And I loved seeing the Unsavory Charlatan dressed up in a Japanese fashion.

When they returned home, life went on as usual. More or less. Well, not much actually. Because Herbie got abducted. And that's not very usual even in this hood.

Some get abducted. Others try to save some money by repairing their computer themselves... and see what happened to Martha Smithers.

Her little Melania invited a friend home btw, she looks so grown up already.

And now about love and college.
Trod Entayta-Gorge seems to be serious about dating Priss White-Entayta. He even talks about getting engaged!
But they are too young and he's moving into college now, which means a lot of things might happen in the future. (But I would love having an Entayta-Entayta couple )

Actually Priss' brother Disarp is now in college now, and he has forgotten about any previous lovers and has fallen in love with Regina Sell - a townie who is often into fights.
And their other sibling, Prid, has just graduated and moved out (forgot to take a pic). She's engaged and I expect she'll be marrying her fiancé soon.
#157 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 9:38 PM

Oh a lot of sims growing up with others just being themselves and a really large number of good looking Sims they are.

Is Heritage Manor mostly for Elders?

Vradia is very happy - and so am I, to be honest, because I think this can be a really funny couple to play! I hope they get married soon!
sounds good to me.

Laern and Alon Raymond, having a baby sounds good to me as well.

Do you want to know who is pregnant again? Marjorie Walker! Yep.
Also Karnnh (third of the four children she already has) has grown into a child, so it's a little bit less of work for her.
But her husband Rannh is quite worried about how they can life on their tiny salaries and is trying to do some extra job as a freelance - hopefully they'll manage!
Hybrid Alien, yes? What kind of Freelance work? I frequently have my Sims write Novels and Paint

When they returned home, life went on as usual. More or less. Well, not much actually. Because Herbie got abducted. And that's not very usual even in this hood.
Hervie is too old to get pregnant, yes?

I do love it when my sims get Abducted, I only have a couple of them, I have not got around to them having their baby or babies yet though.

Martha Smithers, did she survive?

I love your Pictures.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:53 PM
@Amura, the Offspring Project is actually the way I normally play, too. This one, however, is specific to the site Sugah's Place and is limited to sims made by the creators there. I originally started it thinking it would be something quick to do since I'd gotten mired down in a bigger game and didn't like how I'd set it up. It ended up taking two years and I'm still not quite finished!

Lots of romance going on in Sedona.

I love when sims age up. At each stage, you can see a little more of how they'll look as adults, and it's fun to see how siblings are alike, and how they're different.

That was not the smartest burglar. Maybe he was fooled by the non-regulation headgear.

Unless she wants the regular drama, I think Eleanor will end up kicking out her roommate. He may try to make peace, but it will probably be impossible for him not to have bouts of jealousy and anger.

Great update!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#159 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM
Yeah, Heritage Manor is mostly for elders. For elderly townies.
I always have one in my hoods.
When a playable ages up I also choose to age up those townies who are meaninful in their lives (either friends or enemies) so they keep in sync. But they would never die.
So they are moved into this building (often run by a playable, in this case Charles Walker) and pretty much ignored all the time, but they still socialize on their own and age up at 6PM and they eventually die of old age.
I only add one per rotation so it's quite slow but at least townies make a bit more of sense to me.

Marjorie is human and Rannh is 100% alien, one of the original alien townies in this hood, so all their offspring are alien hybrids, yes.
My Sims sometimes write novel - and more rarelly paint - for money. Some do it for pleasure, because it's a hobby they like, but not so many do it for money.
Rannh does. Because they do need it.

Herbie Mace is a teen, and I haven't added any mod which enables teen pregnancy, so no pregnancy from this alien abduction.
But he'll get a grant in case he decided to go to university so I guess there's some advantage in it.

In this hood there had been 2 pregnancies from abdution.
Lorna Mayhew gave birth to Ray (who is now an adult and father of two), and J'Kepp Daeli-Jobs (now Walker) gave birth to twins.

Martha Smithers survived, yes.
I keep my Sims motives as high as possible so it's quite unusual that they die of electrocution or lighting.

That project sounds good, although I would never use someone else's Sims. I like creating my own.

Yeah, there is a lot of romance. I like romance. And drama that comes after romance.
Also I do not take pictures of many other events - birthdays, romance, marriages, and little more.

I also love when Sims age up, specially when thy become children you can start to figure out their adult features. Yep, it's very cool.

Hahahaha, yeah, I have a very funky looking policewoman, she's been here from the beginning and I hope she does not get an early retirement because it's always a funny sight.

And I agree about Eleanor, that seems a wise move. Either that or maybe moving out and finding a better place for herself - although she's always tight on money,
Page 7 of 7