Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 17096 (Who?), Viewed: 394866 times.
Page 684 of 684
Forum Resident
#17076 Old Yesterday at 3:25 PM
I'm thinking of editing all or some of my dorms so that they're empty. Then my sims would have to use that exorbitant tuition I make them pay to buy the stuff they need--from beds to books and computers. Is that crazy? Do dormies even need stuff?

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Inventor
#17077 Old Yesterday at 3:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
I'm thinking of editing all or some of my dorms so that they're empty. Then my sims would have to use that exorbitant tuition I make them pay to buy the stuff they need--from beds to books and computers. Is that crazy? Do dormies even need stuff?

My apts are empty so they use communal areas, that's probably the same thing, and it works well for me, so they could do that till they buy stuff.
Field Researcher
#17078 Old Yesterday at 5:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepowo
I'm playing her alternative Pleasantview. She made memories and relationships more logical, which is great ! I just don't like how she changed some genetics : for example, the Pleasant twins have dark hair and the Caliente sisters have alien eyes. Fortunately, there is SimPE.

I love the changes she made to the genetics, I looove alien eyes and I love the new faces she gave for the Pleasant twins! I'm not a huge fan of the Aspiration changes made in the ALT's that she made, only because I like to leave pre-made Sims with their Aspirations as default.

The ALT Riverblossom Hills is nice too since she fixed Sandra's skintone so she isn't S3 anymore - I want to do that to my Tarlia template but I don't know if SimPE Sim Surgery is genetic or not.. I asked a few posts above if Sim Surgery via SimPE was genetic, got no replies yet so I haven't tried it. I'm not very good with SimPE. I'd honestly love to have ALL of the game templates (Belladonna Cove, Desiderata Valley etc) to give proper genetics to the pre-made children, haha!
Field Researcher
#17079 Old Yesterday at 5:27 PM
Am I the only one who's heart jump everytime a blue mini-van appears on the lot? They even scared me when they show up in the Let's Play videos I watch.

Currently Playing:
Beginning of Pleasantview by Marka93

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Test Subject
#17080 Old Yesterday at 5:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
This might help.

marriage-postmortum.package

The marriage "spouse" line is no longer automatically disconnected after death. The surviving partner may remarry as usual, which will correctly connect the line to the new partner and disconnect the old one, but unless the survivor remarries, when he dies, their marriage line will still show as connected on the family tree, like those of the deceased Maxian families.

It's in the Director's Cut. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

So helpful! But I'm still wondering about my already-dead Sims...

I feel like there's probably nothing risky about linking two dead Sims together via the family tree, right? I've just never seen anything covering the topic of family trees in SimPE and how they work when it comes to possible corruption and such.
Mad Poster
#17081 Old Yesterday at 5:55 PM
Linking in family trees doesn't destroy any data and can be done freely.

If you get too silly with it, you can create confusing messes which the game may or may not be able to figure out how to deal with it, but that's not corruption, that's just the limitations of programming.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17082 Old Yesterday at 6:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
If you get too silly with it, you can create confusing messes which the game may or may not be able to figure out how to deal with it, but that's not corruption, that's just the limitations of programming.

Like this? (All done in-game, though.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Mad Poster
#17083 Old Yesterday at 7:08 PM
Is there any way of muting (or ideally, just skipping) the logo and opening video when you open the game? I have everything else muted, it should be clear that I don't want my game making noise, but that opening still blasts over all the other audio I might have coming from my computer every time I open the game.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#17084 Old Yesterday at 7:13 PM
There's a way of deleting the intro movie, so it won't play at all but I forgot what you have to delete for it not to play.

Currently Playing:

Want Danies-simsational-blog's Sunset Valley hood as a subhood? Download it here.

Forum Resident
#17085 Old Yesterday at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
There's a way of deleting the intro movie, so it won't play at all but I forgot what you have to delete for it not to play.

For UC, looks like you need to delete multiple files: http://modthesims.info/t/599380

General instructions: http://modthesims.info/article.php?t=92314

@Zarathustra, I could have sworn that muting the music in game mutes the load up music, too. Does it not do that?

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Theorist
#17086 Old Yesterday at 8:21 PM
I'm paranoid so I just renamed mine instead of deleting them and that works just as well.
Inventor
#17087 Old Yesterday at 8:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5

The ALT Riverblossom Hills is nice too since she fixed Sandra's skintone so she isn't S3 anymore - I want to do that to my Tarlia template but I don't know if SimPE Sim Surgery is genetic or not.. I asked a few posts above if Sim Surgery via SimPE was genetic, got no replies yet so I haven't tried it. I'm not very good with SimPE. I'd honestly love to have ALL of the game templates (Belladonna Cove, Desiderata Valley etc) to give proper genetics to the pre-made children, haha!

I think you have to do more than change it with SimSurgery, but it's been a while since I looked into it. http://modthesims.info/t/494394
I think, though, that SimSurgery makes a new file and you have to replace the "old genetic file" with the new one.
Field Researcher
#17088 Old Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
I think you have to do more than change it with SimSurgery, but it's been a while since I looked into it. http://modthesims.info/t/494394
I think, though, that SimSurgery makes a new file and you have to replace the "old genetic file" with the new one.

That tutorial is for facial structure Sim Surgery, would it still work for just changing a Sims' skintone? Also thanks for replying!!
Inventor
#17089 Old Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
That tutorial is for facial structure Sim Surgery, would it still work for just changing a Sims' skintone? Also thanks for replying!!

I think so. If not, you could edit the file itself to change the genetics of an individual sim. This is for custom stuff, but it shows you how to edit DNA. http://www.lothere.com/verso/page/29
Field Researcher
#17090 Old Today at 1:07 AM
I want to download some custom foods, but don't want them to be cookable. I just want them in the buy catalog. Where can I find a tutorial on how to remove foods from the refrigerators pie menu?

Currently Playing:

Instructor
#17091 Old Today at 6:12 AM
What will happen to children who starve if the social worker is modded out? They can't starve to death right?
Mad Poster
#17092 Old Today at 8:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
Is there any way of muting (or ideally, just skipping) the logo and opening video when you open the game? I have everything else muted, it should be clear that I don't want my game making noise, but that opening still blasts over all the other audio I might have coming from my computer every time I open the game.

Yeah, I have my music all muted as well and I still have to put up with the intro music. There is a way of skipping the video introduction (although I can't remember how; I just click through it), but you still have to put up with the music while the game is loading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monijt1
I want to download some custom foods, but don't want them to be cookable. I just want them in the buy catalog. Where can I find a tutorial on how to remove foods from the refrigerators pie menu?

AFAIK, custom foods are either cookable or objects in the catalogue. You can download ones that you place directly from the catalogue, but if a food is set up properly as a makeable food then it won't even show up in the catalogue.
Inventor
#17093 Old Today at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Yeah, I have my music all muted as well and I still have to put up with the intro music. There is a way of skipping the video introduction (although I can't remember how; I just click through it), but you still have to put up with the music while the game is loading.

To skip intro video hit Spacebar.
Mad Poster
#17094 Old Today at 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
To skip intro video hit Spacebar.

Just clicking the mouse on the screen works for me, but it's possible that I set it up that way somehow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17095 Old Today at 12:16 PM
Space, enter, mouse click, all work for me. Always been that way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17096 Old Today at 2:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMagFreak
So helpful! But I'm still wondering about my already-dead Sims...

I feel like there's probably nothing risky about linking two dead Sims together via the family tree, right? I've just never seen anything covering the topic of family trees in SimPE and how they work when it comes to possible corruption and such.

Be very careful, at 6:00pm when sims age a day and for significant events like a new baby the game propagates wants and memories throughout the family tree so relatives can get the want of 'Grows Up Well' or 'Goes to University' etc. If you inadvertently create a loop somewhere in the tree some lots will begin to freeze at 5:59pm or during significant events. If you corrupt the tree some lots will crash the game, as more sims in the neighbourhood develop relationships and ties to the problem family the freezing and crashing will spread.
Test Subject
#17097 Old Today at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
Be very careful, at 6:00pm when sims age a day and for significant events like a new baby the game propagates wants and memories throughout the family tree so relatives can get the want of 'Grows Up Well' or 'Goes to University' etc. If you inadvertently create a loop somewhere in the tree some lots will begin to freeze at 5:59pm or during significant events. If you corrupt the tree some lots will crash the game, as more sims in the neighbourhood develop relationships and ties to the problem family the freezing and crashing will spread.

Aha! I was wondering if the game used Family Trees for anything besides - well - the tree itself...

Surprising to learn it doesn't use the relationships flags for rolling Wants, but that's why I came on here to ask – this game can do unexpected things!
Page 684 of 684