Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 15896 (Who?), Viewed: 364222 times.
Page 636 of 636
Theorist
#15876 Old Yesterday at 2:38 PM
Mine always preferred dining tables. I had to put centerpieces on all the tables in the dining room to keep dormies from doing their assignments on them and getting the tables/chairs stuck "in use" all the time.
Alchemist
#15877 Old Yesterday at 2:41 PM
That's unfortunate. Makes all your tables art exhibits.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#15878 Old Yesterday at 4:42 PM
I got some "Craftsman" style houses from MTS, and 2 of them had chairs "off the grid". Looks like if tables, chess, or bars are placed off-grid, even though chairs are carefully moved to look like they have been pulled close to the table, Sims can't use them (can't sit in chairs). I would have thought that would not have been an acceptable upload. I've never tried to do that with a chair; can anyone verify this "finding"?

Namaste
Top Secret Researcher
#15879 Old Yesterday at 5:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I got some "Craftsman" style houses from MTS, and 2 of them had chairs "off the grid". Looks like if tables, chess, or bars are placed off-grid, even though chairs are carefully moved to look like they have been pulled close to the table, Sims can't use them (can't sit in chairs). I would have thought that would not have been an acceptable upload. I've never tried to do that with a chair; can anyone verify this "finding"?

They were just positioned poorly. Chairs can be used off grid in quarter tile increments - just move the chair back a small bit and let it pull itself up to the table when you go live and they'll work. As for what's acceptable or not I don't have a clue but if the furniture is placed poorly enough for you to comment on it leave a message on the upload. If it bothers you maybe it'll bother someone else and they'd appreciate the information.

Calamity Hills Apocalypse (Sims 2 Let's Play) | Tumblr(s) | Twitter
Mad Poster
#15880 Old Yesterday at 5:25 PM
Thanks. I guess the table (& then the chairs) were not positioned correctly.

Namaste
Undead Molten Llama
#15881 Old Yesterday at 6:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
I don't want it for unowned lots, mine are all owned. So maybe that's why it isn't working? My issue is too many sims in my tiny shops, i want less. My PO is on a 1 by 1 lot and I have had up to 10 sims in there.

My experience with this:

I wanted to fuss with customer numbers on an owned lot. (Specifically, I wanted more customers on a townie-owned community lot that I never played as an owned lot, so that I could visit it and have more fellow visitors to interact with than the 3 visitors allowed a Level-0 owned business.) What I found was that the adjuster...didn't really work. (And I tested in a neighborhood with no other mods/cc installed, so it wasn't a conflict with anything.) With owned lots, the number of customers is limited by the business's level and I could find no mod that would actually override this. It didn't matter if I put in different limits in a userstartup file or if I used the SimWardrobe object or whatever. SnootySims used to have info about those limits, but the site is apparently down right now and I can't access it. But I think it's something like 3 customers (not including the owner/employees) for a Level 0 business and each successive level gives you one or two more customers. I think the limit for a Level 10 business is 15, but don't quote me on that. (Which, yes, is problematic on a 1x1 lot and your system is strong enough -- and I know yours is, Jo -- to allow 15 customers plus owner/employees on the lot at once. )

So, the best I could do in my situation was to artificially inflate my townie-owned community lots' level to 10. (Via this mod: http://insimenator.org/showthread.p...ustomer+loyalty) That way, I had more fellow customers to interact with when I visited that lot. If on the other hand you wanted to reduce the number of customers because you simply can't fit them on the lot, you could use that mod to take away loyalty stars from customers, which would knock down the business's level and thus reduce the number of customers it will "call." But of course you wouldn't want to do that if a business's level is important to you in whatever way. And, of course, there's nothing stopping that business's level going up again, so you'd constantly have to take away stars. (In this case, a "Business Level Stopinator" would be really good. ) But yeah, SimWardrobe's adjuster didn't work for what I wanted to do, either. Given what I read about an owned business lot's level dictating how many customers it can have, I'm not sure it CAN work on owned lots. I mean, even when I set the number as less than what it could get because of the business's level, I still got the level-tied number of customers, so the adjuster doesn't seem to override the level-tied customer numbers for owned lots at all, and I suspect it will only work on unowned lots.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
#15882 Old Yesterday at 9:09 PM
long ago downloaded Numenor's transparency set ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=70222 ). placed all of them in Downloads folder.
last I checked, the fences in the set did not have the custom content icon in catalog. is this normal?
Theorist
#15883 Old Yesterday at 11:13 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Yesterday at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added an illustration
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
That's unfortunate. Makes all your tables art exhibits.

Not at all. Centerpieces don't interfere with sims eating at the tables, but they are prevented from doing assignments on the tables. See the picture in the following post. It's a little hard to see, but the dormie in the back is having no trouble at all eating his breakfast off of a table with centerpieces on it.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...004#post5113004

I don't have much of a problem with class assignments anymore anyway since I got the following two mods:

1. noassignmentlitter by Pescado - if a dormie abandons their assignment book, the book will evaporate shortly afterward. No more assignment books all over every available floor tile, desk, table, etc.! This mod is only available in the Director's Cut. Pick the EP folder for your version of the game and get the large .zip file at the bottom of the page. noassignmentlitter should be in there.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/

2. nopartyassignment by Syberspunk - this restricts when and where dormies are allowed to do their assignments in the first place. Now they can be interacted with instead of always being busy doing assignments! Once a dormie fills their grade meter, they stop doing assignments at all!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2419.0.html

Syberspunk's nopartyresearch is similar, but works on group research instead. - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11553.0.html
Mad Poster
#15884 Old Today at 12:21 AM
Does anybody else have problems with custom cars becoming unclickable? I've had my Sims become trapped on community lots for this reason.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Theorist
#15885 Old Today at 3:31 AM
Not personally, but I've read enough about other people having problems with custom cars that my business owners always walk to their owned businesses.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15886 Old Today at 3:33 AM
I have issues with my fire truck and police car randomly disappearing. Sometimes they come back sometimes not. I've had to rebuy both of them 1 couple of times.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#15887 Old Today at 3:44 AM Last edited by iCad : Today at 3:57 AM.
I've never had disappearing vehicles or the problem that Bulbizarre described...but then I don't often use Sim-owned vehicles in my game. Since the issue seems to be here-and-there, wouldn't that suggest that the problem is with specific custom cars -- like an error in the way a specific one was made -- as opposed to a problem with custom cars in general?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Forum Resident
#15888 Old Today at 3:51 AM
The only times I've had cars disappearing is when I've installed a mod that causes a reset and sims that were at work or school are now back at home when I open the lot. As Jo said, sometimes the car comes back, sometimes not.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Needs Coffee
#15889 Old Today at 4:47 AM
It could have been after a reset, sometimes I forget that a new mod might do that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#15890 Old Today at 9:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
I found extracted Sims Medieval music at Plumb Bob Keep and use that in my game (I disabled all of the Build/Buy music that came with the Sims 2). The Medieval stuff is very cinematic and a couple of pieces are very relaxing to listen to.

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=101&t=1279

@RoxEllen1965

How does one go about disabling the Build/Buy Music that comes with the Sims 2? I have some other music I can use instead. Can you disable any other kinds?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#15891 Old Today at 9:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
@RoxEllen1965

How does one go about disabling the Build/Buy Music that comes with the Sims 2? Can you disable any other kinds?

You can disable every kind by going into the volume area in game and unchecking all the boxes for that type of music. I have everything but the stereo removed. Or you can just mute it, but that mutes everything. The Sims will still make noise while loading, but once you're in game, nothing.
Scholar
#15892 Old Today at 9:43 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : Today at 9:53 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
You can disable every kind by going into the volume area in game and unchecking all the boxes for that type of music. I have everything but the stereo removed. Or you can just mute it, but that mutes everything. The Sims will still make noise while loading, but once you're in game, nothing.

Disabling every kind is not what I understood RoxEllen1965 was doing she stated that she used medieval instead, that is what I would like to know how to do. I want to have my own Build/Buy music play and not have the music that comes with the game play, if that is possible.

On the subject of disapearing cars or cars becoming unclickable on a community lot.

Just about every household that I have has a vehicle and I have never had a problem with them. I rarely ever have my sims walk, they almost always use their vehicle to go to a community lot and I have never had a problem with it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Theorist
#15893 Old Today at 10:09 AM
To disable individual songs, go to the sound options screen. In the lower half of the screen, note that there are categories (Stereo, Buy Mode, Build Mode, Neighborhood, and Create A Family). In each category, you will see that each song on the play list for that category has a circle to the left of it that is either filled or empty. If the circle is filled, the song is enabled and will be in the game's random rotation. If the circle is empty, the song is disabled and the game will not randomly play it. Just click on the circle to switch between enabled and disabled.

In my screenshot, the Buy Mode play list is selected. All the Sims 2 songs that shipped with the game have been cleared/disabled from this category and only the Sims Medieval songs are enabled for the random rotation and only those songs will now play in Buy Mode. Make sure you go through all the pages in each section - some of them have long play lists. I had so much custom music in Buy Mode (a lot of Sims 1 stuff mostly) that there were five pages of it to check.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#15894 Old Today at 10:46 AM
I'm kinda wondering where I could use sims (particulary in economy) that have over max charisma and body, 9 points in cleaning (probably for janitor-ish positions), 3-6 in logic, in 6 creativity. One is Romance, second is popularity, third - knowledge. I could use all these three sims for employee position in one common business workplace, but haven't really thought off what kind of business it could be. Any ideas?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#15895 Old Today at 11:56 AM
Under RAW data (OBJD) where it says 'depreciation limit' should one put the final sale price of an object or the cumulative depreciation limit? In case I'm not making sense - if something is say $100 and the daily deprecation is $10, but you want it to stop at $30, would you put $70 or $30?

Moved to Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15896 Old Today at 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I'm kinda wondering where I could use sims (particulary in economy) that have over max charisma and body, 9 points in cleaning (probably for janitor-ish positions), 3-6 in logic, in 6 creativity. One is Romance, second is popularity, third - knowledge. I could use all these three sims for employee position in one common business workplace, but haven't really thought off what kind of business it could be. Any ideas?

Max Charisma and Body? WWF. XD
The Great AntiJen
#15897 Old Today at 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
Disabling every kind is not what I understood RoxEllen1965 was doing she stated that she used medieval instead, that is what I would like to know how to do. I want to have my own Build/Buy music play and not have the music that comes with the game play, if that is possible.

If you go to that Medieval music download page, it tells you - you just drop the music files in the music folders in My Documents. You need to pick a station. I don't know what that medieval music is like (I hated TSM) but I'd guess the classical or folk (country) stations would be suitable. There are also build and buy categories in there. For quite a long time, I had music from Neverwinter Nights in build (I got so sick of the sims music) but reverted with a reinstall. I do have some classical MPs files and some of the TS1 music in my folders. Watch the size of the files though - the game won't play very large files.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Page 636 of 636