Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 152 (Who?), Viewed: 35401 times.
Page 7 of 7
MakeNeedsStaticOn
staff: super moderator
#151 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:45 PM
For the shadows, etc. that's indeed the way the game renders and thus isn't possible to edit unless you pull it back to the engine it was made in (which is a private engine EA made and never released as far as my knowledge goes.) you can read more about the shadows here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...776#post5076776

Which... seems to be a throwback of your thread Sorry...

Anyways! I do however know that (and you might have been confused by that) That camera settings for generating in-game thumbnails, and a few other camera related stuff are INI files inside the Deltabuild (or fullbuild). However I don't think that will help regarding finding out about the sunshadows since these are indeed render based and I can understand that those can only be found in the engine settings which... I guess no one really have been able to open it up.
Mad Poster
#152 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:24 PM
Now of course there has to be SOME way to reverse engineer the game's engine, but it hasn't been found yet. I've looked into it, but haven't gotten very far. I really should spend some more time on that.
If that were done, and if it would enable us to modify the game's shader data, the potential would be very significant.

And you're right, there's a few more INIs in the DeltaBuild/FullBuild that I forgot about. There's a value in there somewhere that lets you change the colour of the top of walls, which for some reason can't be done in-game.

Look out for Bridgeport '88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Test Subject
#153 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 7:25 AM
Hi! I would like to know, to have AO in TS3, do you have to use driver version 314? It might be dangerous because my card is pretty new and my cable is going loco (I have to weirdly unplug and plug it every time on startup) and I don't wanna have to bring my PC to the shop again. Are there any other ways to get AO on Nvidia Cards?
Page 7 of 7