Update Oct. 7: While this was in the queue I was able to track down and fix several lingering issues. If you downloaded this as soon as it came out you should download and use the latest version.
This is exactly what it sounds like; this mod changes the color of the User Interface from the default baby blue to a nice, cool, black. Rather than try to describe what's just a gigantic bunch of pictures, it'd be better for me to just show you. I have to warn you though, the screenshots are a bit darker than how it actually appears in-game.
There are more pictures attached to give you a better feel for what you're getting here.
Disclaimer #1: This is a massive file. Did you know that more or less every single window in the game is it's own image? That means each one of them has to be checked and edited individually. A Batch Editor can only take care of so much of that work, but the rest has to be done by hand. While I tried to make sure each and every file matches the overall look, there are bound to be mistakes. But please report any lingering default UI images to me, and I might be able to fix them in a new version.
Disclaimer #2: I don't own Showtime. I don't have Pets, Island Paradise, or Into the Future installed. If there are issues, it's more likely going to be related to one of those 4 packs, since I have no way of checking how their new UIs now look. Again, I'd appreciate you reporting any issues you see, but please be specific! Screenshots of the problem area are the most useful.
- Edit Town and Blueprint Mode are Grey instead of Black; Traits still have a Blue background in some places; Build Mode is a slightly different shade than Buy Mode.
All of these are intentional! I wanted all the modes to look a little bit unique, so all of them are a bit different.
- The Seasons icons are missing!
This is also intentional! This UI is made to be compatible with another mod of mine, the Clear Portrait UI, and so by default the Seasons icons are removed. Just like with that mod, you can hover the spot they used to be and still see all the information that used to be there. There are a few other minor tweaks; for instance, the color for negative career performance is a more colorful shade of red. Some BG icons are still used, but with a slightly different coloration. Alert Icons are a shade of brown rather than red. The Supernatural Icons in CAS have been given their own special treatment.
- When purchasing an item from Grocery/Bookstore/Vendors, the quantity window will always appear blank because the text and the box are both white
*This is the biggest remaining issue with this mod, and the only one AFAIK that might hamper gameplay. I'm still trying to track down exactly which file is responsible for that window. Fingers crossed to have it fixed sooner or later. You can still buy things, it's just trickier to confirm how many you're buying without doing some math!
- Hovering over certain items in a table may cause the selected entry to become unreadable
- One the header boxes on the Aptitude Test from University is always white
*The rest of the page is readable, however.
- There is a random white speck above a sim's name in the Simology Panel
- In the Career Panel, the Days of the Week are still in Blue
*They're still legible, however.
- In earlier versions, clicking on certain window's check/cancel boxes caused that whole box to be flooded with blinding white light.
*Most of these have been stamped out. If you come across any more, just report them to me. These I know exactly how to fix.
Paint.NET, for allowing me to edit all these images!
dino_rex, for his excellent and concise UI tutorial
And of course, the makers of SimPE
for such a wonderful program.